Monday, May 16, 2011

First things

You know I have often thought that the first thing I would ever say to God given the chance to have a sit down with him would be that "you have one heck of an imagination"  If I were given the ability to create for one day or even one hour, some type of animal, from birth to death would I be able to do so? I think I might be able to come up with 2 or 3 but doubt any more then that.  I look at all the millions of animals, bugs, birds, fish etc and  just can not comprehend how one could come up with all the colors, looks and the eating and breeding habits of each and every creature.  I'm not saying that would be the only conversation I would have.  I have tons of questions but for some strange reason that has always been one of the first things I have ever though I would like to ask God. This is a childhood thought that has never gone away. I do think that thought popped into my head sometime during church when I was little and trying to follow what the preacher was saying.

Seriously, think about it.  I mean look at the lowly (and awful) mosquito.  Nasty little creature but in the bigger picture, it has it's place. I tell myself that every time I'm bitten!  It sucks blood to fatten up (I know that, that is not all it sucks blood for but follow me here), and in turn feeds fish and bats and birds (and I know not what else).  The fish and the other mosquito eating things, in turn feed something else (without going into such detail as to bore one) all to ultimately end up on our plates. Now I know I would never, ever have been able to come up with a food chain like that.   Shoot, left to me, I would have vegetables tasting like meat and not having to resort to eating a Bambi or Charlotte.

Now don't even get me started on mating habits of animals!  Biting heads off after mating like the Praying Mantis....I have never been able to figure out the purpose of that one except maybe she gets off so hard and it drives her so nuts that she has to pop off the head of the one who made her that wild to ensure they couldn't do that for another female.  Heck, it would keep the cheating down <laughing>  But really, it's crazy how each species breeds, eats, and lives. And all the wild and varied looks.  Now, wouldn't you agree....God does indeed have one heck of an imagination.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment